Data Read

pravinshinde

Hi all,May I have help on this ?I have 3 INT registers and I want to read this data in single control logix Real Tag.Also,I have 2 INT registers and I want to read this data in single MicroLogix float Tag.

That isn't a very good explanation.
For the ControlLogix side, that is a no go... INTs are two bytes long, REALs are 4, so you can't fit in 6 bytes.

For the Micrologix, as long as the INT values are consecutive, you should be able to use the COP instruction, with a real as the target to get the bit patterns of the two individual INTs into one real.

The real question, is why?

I don't know of any standard implementations that use a 48 bit real number in the PLC world. I know it was used in some language implementations (Turbo Pascal for one) and a very few computers as a double.

If you are actually dealing with a 48 bit real, you are in for some headaches manipulating it down to a 32 bit representation.

IIRC, 48 bit reals allowed for 10 significant digits.

i suppose that u r doing communication with third party device and u r getting data in 4 consucative reg
please try this (not 100% sure wheather this works with this case also)

so u swap reg 1 then add reg 2 with this result.