SLC Serital port > RS485 w modbus

Hey all.
Ive a SLC 505 FRN 11, that I am trying to get to talk to a controller. The controller runs modbus slave on rs485 (2 wire). The SLC has modbus RTU master on its serial port. The SLC serial port is rs232. Ive purchased an ATEN rs-232 to RS-485 convertor. Its IC-485S model #.
I cannot seem to make this work. Ive tried all the settings on the two switches on the aten, and ive tried the 3 SLC (full duplex, half duplex, etc). I assume it needs the half duplex (2wire) and the one with RTS info on it (since RTS is controlling signalling according to aten docs)
Anyone have any ideas?

http://www.aten.com/products/produc...0002&pcid=20050107104648001&layerid=subClass8

Has anyone done something similar?

Similar Topics

I am working on setting up a Prosoft Datalogger model PLX51-DLplus-232. This unit will be collecting data from a SLC 5/05 on the DB9 port set to...
Replies
Views
I have a redundant ControlLogix being set up. This program reads a value from a remote site which happens to be SLC PLC. Rockwell mentions SLC...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a ControlLogix redundant controller being set up. The program reads a value from a remote site which hosts a SLC PLC. Rockwell...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to read/write to an SLC5 with a ControlLogix L71 V35 plc that fails. The exact same code works on an L82S with V32. Is there a known...
Replies
Views
I'm ashamed to admit this but I've never had to replace a battery in a SLC. Some how been able to skip that task in all my years. So yesterday...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom