AC500 vs Freelance

rahilansari

Dear All
Will you please tell me the comparison between ABB PLC AC 500 and freelance considering the system to be redundant.
which one should I select.

thanks
rahil

AC500 vs Freelance redundancy

Hello,
AC500 is basically aimed for discrete manufacturing and is a PLC/PAC solution while Freelance is aimed for process control and is rather a compact DCS system.
AC500 supports "lite" redundancy called AC500 High Availability while in Freelance you can find more robust full redundancy up to I/O modules level.
I suggest to contact local ABB sales organisation.
Best Regards
M.

Similar Topics

Hello all, I have an ABB PLC (PM573) and it has without MC card. I need to take backup from PLC to PC (in automation builder v2.7 ). My...
Replies
Views
Setting up a new processor as we do not have the password for the old one. I am having issues with the unit retaining the code. It will hold the...
Replies
Views
Good day I am currently busy with a conversion process from a ABB AC410 over to a ABB AC500. I know there is no direct way of doing this but I am...
Replies
Views
Well, I'm working with this ABB plc project, and It's been a learning experience coming from Allen Bradley. The project can't be changed to an AB...
Replies
Views
Hi. Question goes to the guys who works with ABB AC500 PLC's. Is it possible to upload the compiled code from a AC500 CPU ?. My case is that i...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom