Plc-5/20 cable

You need a null-modem cable 25 pin to 9 pin. AB number is 1784-CP10. But any null-modem cable will work.

See PDF below for pin-out.

Dear MicKey

we have conducted site survey. In this Existing system they have already used This port for another communication.

can we use DH+ Programming mini DIN Port?
can u suggest cables and adapters with cp7 connector

You could use the MiniDin if you have a PCMK card or a 1784-U2DHP USB to DH+ adapter, that would be the easiest.
Otherwise if the Serial port is configured for DH485 you could try to connect with a serial cable and set up a "PIC/AIC" driver in RSLinx (depending on your windows service pack and Linx rev, it may not work, dicey at best) or you could talk DH485 through that port with a 1747-UIC you would need a 25 pin to 9 pin adapter also with that.
Not sure if that port can be configured for Modbus or ASCII offhand on the PLC 5, if that was the case you would have to talk DH+.

That's funny, I'm an idiot, but it's ok I'm used to it. I was just working on a 5/20 yesterday (along with a few 5/01's and 5/02's) and I guess I got em all mixed up. Looks like DH+ is it then. Unless you have the ethernet sidecar, not likely I imagine though.

hi Guys

Thanks for your informations

I could understand we have three cables as CP, CP5,PCM5 along with CP7 connector
but what about interface modules for this cables. i think Modules like PCMK will not support by all laptops(i mean slot)

and i would like to draw that
I noticed one thing that they have already used Prosoft communication interface which has Two DP25 connector .can we use this for uploading program?
(As per ma knowldge PLC-5/20 will treat this Modules like a normal I/O/C modules)
I cannot go for a experiment since i don't have backup of existing program

i think Modules like PCMK will not support by all laptops(i mean slot)

You are right. Your best solution for DH+ is as ElectroGuy mentioned is the newer 1784-U2DHP, but $$$.

I am not familiar with a Prosoft module that can be used for program uploading/downloading.

What is connected to the serial port that cannot be temporarily disconnected to upload/download it's program?

Mickey
As i know PLC-5/20 Serial port is rs232 so By cp10.I tried that but i couldn't
and mickey please let me know what you mean by $$$

If you have a PCMK card and laptop running XP with a PCMCIA slot and RSLinx at rev 2.57 or older the PCMK and cable 1784-PCM5 (you mentioned PCM5 above) should work for you. If you have the PCMK, I would find an older laptop and install the software if you need to at least get a backup of the program.

Are you using a real serial port or a USB to serial adapter? If real serial then the com port number is probably "Com 1". If not check to see which com port the USB adapter took.
Have you tried Auto-Configure?

Do you have the offline file? If so check it's port configuration.

Again what was connect to the port? Sometimes you can tell how the port is configured by what is connected to it.

You can get a 1784-U2DHP a little cheaper here..

http://www.ind-concepts.com/Allen_Bradley_PLC_Cables.htm

Last edited: