Using Bit output to signal input?

matlark

Is there a a way to signal an input from an output on the micrologix 1200? I currently have an external relay coil connected to a PLC output with the contacts running back to IN9 and IN10 on the plc. Can I do this within the software?
thanks

You can most definitely do it in logic, but, the way it's being done shows the plc proof positive that the output/relay is energized. I have alot of problems with the 1200 relay outputs getting "stuck" on. The indicator light is off on the plc, but power is still flowing through the output. I move the logic to another output and "problem solved".

fishenguy is correct- you CAN use the program status of an output to take the place of an input. but there is nothing like real world confirmation that your output is indeed energized and working.