Siemens S5 CP1413 alternatives

phizza

Hi

We currently have a small network of desktop PC's that connect to some S5 PLCs via CP1413 cards and the H1 network. Does anybody have experience of using standard ethernet cards in place of the CP1413 cards?

Thanks in advance
Phizza

Hi

We currently have a small network of desktop PC's that connect to some S5 PLCs via CP1413 cards and the H1 network. Does anybody have experience of using standard ethernet cards in place of the CP1413 cards?

Thanks in advance
Phizza

Have a look at S5 Lan adapters by Process-informatik (and others)
this converts the PG port into Ethernet and you can even program via the LAN

Have a look at S5 Lan adapters by Process-informatik (and others)
this converts the PG port into Ethernet and you can even program via the LAN

Thanks for the reply. There are over 30 s5 plc's with each Programming port currently connected to a cp143 via a "monkey swing" cable to the H1 network. I've heard that it is possible to get a connection from a desktop pc NIC card to the H1 network by using softnet s7.

Cheers
Phizza