FactoryTalk View ME Alarms

jawad rasool

I've to develope alarm data base in FT view ME. I entered some alarms tags mannualy in the Alarm setup. then i exported that file and converted the XML file to the Excel and entered more alarms tags. then i again converted the excel file to XML and tried to import the file in FT View Me. but there was a message that the version not supported, please let me know the XML versions supported by ME 6.1

This is (from memory) how I did it on a recent project:
Create tags in Excel; cells in each row contain the respective fields for the tag.
In Excel, select all cells desired and copy (Ctrl C).
Go into Alarm setup in FT view ME, place cursor in top/leftmost cell and paste.
I recall doing this by selecting the cells of the spreadsheet, and not the rows. Experiment a little and you should get it. (Also, I don't recall what version of FT was used...).
Good luck

Last edited: