pf 4m drive parameter setup through rs view 32

vikas1947

can i configure and monitor the parameter of pf 4m via plc or scada if we can then how and what software and hardware are required for that if not then tell me in which drive i can do this

The drives will accept communication via an RS485 2-wire connection using the Modbus protocol. This is detailed in the full manual (not the Quick Start) for the drive. We have interfaced from both Allen Bradley and Direct Logic PLCs. While we haven't directly interfaced from a display it should be no problem as long as it has the Modbus protocol available.

I presume this is the same system about which you asked this question a few days ago: http://plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=69667

The way I would connect these devices is the method shown in the Connected Components (link from last week): use the MicroLogix 1100 and a 1763-NC01 cable to send Modbus RTU messages to the PowerFlex 4M.

I would prefer to use RSView32 to read and write the memory registers in the MicroLogix controller, rather than attempting to directly access the PowerFlex 4M with a Modbus RTU connection to a PC and an OPC Server like KepServer EX.

The correct method for your application depends on your requirements. If you would like advice, describe more about what your system needs to do.