TI560 Problem

TroyJ66

I have a problem with a TI560. The controller will not load and remote cards wont power up. The backplane is freshly refurbished and the cards worked in another chassis that was removed for repair.I normally would assume the backplane was bad but it came in newly refurbished yesterday.Help.

You've sort of 'proven' that it's the backplane. 'Newly refurbished' doesn't always mean 'guaranteed to work'. The refurbisher may have missed something... :confused:

Even brand new stuff is occasionally dead straight out of the box... :rolleyes:

beerchug

-Eric

Ti560

First power off. Then disconnect backup-batteri and shortcircuit wires for batteri. (Just for a few sec.)
Then make a powerup without batteri. If CPU goes to run mode, but backup-batteri on again. Load your program from Tisoft. About remotecard, ?.

I had left a card out of slot 2 that would not let my other RCC cards come online and caused a fault in the PLC. This is all new to me so I guess you live and learn.
Thanks for all the help.
Troy