Assigning String Values FactoryTalk ME

Galaniz

I am looking for ideas on how to accomplish the following in an efficient manner:

Screen 1: Allow user to enter a chemical name and timing parameters associated with that specfic chemical name (dwell time, rinse time, etc).

I have this part accomplished with parameter files with the name and times parameterized. I then used a display list selector that allows the chemicals to be pulled up on screen 1 and edited and saved.

Screen 2 will be a tank assignment screen. Similar to screen one in that the user can assign various paramters to a tank, or vat, such as agitation, temp alarms, etc. However, one tank paramter will be the name of a chemical based off of screen 1.

My problem is I need to pull up a list of all available chemicals and be able to assign a variable in the tank parameterization screen based off of the list of chemical names made up in the chemical screen.

I can accomplish this simply by building a list of 200+ variables that can hold all the chemical names. This will allow me to move the value, however, I am looking for a slicker more efficient means of doing this. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

Gabe

I did some work a couple of years ago in which I wanted to use retentive memory string tags in a Panelview Plus to give names to product recipes and allow them to be dynamically edited and selected. I got great advice from this site and was able to get it done. My system did not involve parameter files, however, and I am not intimate with their use.

Now, let me see if I can find that old thread...

EDIT:http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=53018&highlight=Panelview+string+edit

There is not a lot of detail in there, but maybe it can help. I did have two control list objects in that application. One was on the edit screen and the other was on the product selection screen, and they both referred to the memory tags as embedded variables in the lists. Doing it that way would still mean (in your case) manually entering 200 tag references in the list(s) as well as 200 lines of "if/else" logic in your macro button...And, it could get a bit hairy to make the length of the list dynamic, but that may even be possible too. My recipe list is only now 50 items so I did it with brute force and added page up/down buttons for operators to skip around more easily.

Last edited: