SIMATIC S5 Program in Win 9x/NT/2000

gery

Can somebody tell me if there is on the market a program, like STEP 7,
that but for S5 - 95U under Win 9x/NT/2000. The DOS version made by SIEMENS is very dificult to work with. On the Siemens site I could not find other program then the DOS version.

Gery :cool:

Gery,

the newer versions of STEP 5 work very fine under Win 9x/NT/2000. Beware: only version 7.0 and up work under Win2000, version 6.0 and up work under Win9x (and I think NT also).

They're definitelty easier to work with than the old so-called DOS versions (up to version 5). However, these were not real DOS versions, but CPM versions with an DOS based CPM86 interpreter.

You could also try out "S5 for Windows", working with all (??) Windows versions (I even tried it with Windows 3.1). You can download a workable demo from the IBH-softec website.

Best regards,

Jean Pierre Vandecandelaere

S5 ladder in windows platform

Yes there is my friend ;)

Let me tell you that I know that it's out there. I also had it but deleted it because I only program in S7. I remember that it looked like S7, and simulation was also possible. Just like PLCSIM in S7.
I'll do my best to get it for u. Can't promise u !

hello

can help me any body
ý dont run s5 in windows98 please give download and runable link
or help documantions

ý wait yours help
thanks

mesut,

Is your problem that you have STEP5 and it does not run under Win98 ?

Or is your problem that you need some software to program S5 under Win98 ? In that case go to the web-site jvdcande mentions.

thank you
yes ý dont run step5 in win98 and also my problem ým use usb com port
but ý dont use win98 on step 5

I think that you say that you have STEP5, but dont want to run on your PC with Win98.

What version is your STEP5 ?

If your STEP5 is a before version 6.5, and it is from a socalled Siemens PG, then it cannot be moved to a standard PC. You might have to upgrade it.

From version 7, a socalled authorisation is required. Do you have this authorisation ?

This sentence confuses me: "but ý dont use win98 on step 5". Can you clarify ?

Simatic S5 PLC

my "Laptop" Siemens PG Simatic S5 PLC has huge problem hard drive its scrap.
can eny one help me to find a sutable hard drive for this thing!
and i also need de Step 5 prog to install it back.
this PC PG Step 5 (laptop like) version ran on the MS-DOS system.

Help to solve this problem i need.
Thanks!

What type of PG are you talking about: PG710, 720, 730, 740? First two are laptops, latter two are portables, but all need different HDs. There's no telling what HD will do without knowing the exact type of PG.

Kind regards,

Trying to restore an ancient PC, may not be worth the effort.
The chance of succes is low, and then you have a restored PC that may fail again any minute. Of course, it may be an interesting PLC geek project.

To my opinion, you should consider to get S5 for Windows + a USB cable for S5. Both are reasonably priced.
You can then support your ancient S5 PLC, which you also should start thinking about how to replace.

S5 PLC's are still supported by a wide range of companies.
IBHSoftec have a S5 PLC based on Bechoff hardware.
Inat have new (faster) replacement CPU's for the 135 and 155 PLC's (X5/X7).