TP170 B -printer problems

patrikjo

I have a Siemens touch panel TP170B attached to a printer (Epson LX-300+) via a serial cable. Im using the print screen command in ProTool to print the contents of the screen. This will print in graphics mode, but i would have liked the printout to be in text charachters (since this will take up less space on the paper,use less ink/ribbon and since I am only printing characters it should be possible I think).

Any ideas/suggestions on how to do that?

Thanks in advance

regards Patrik

You cannot print the content of the screen otherwise.
But you can also print alarm messages and event messages (attribute "Print").
You could setup one or several event messages, and format them to include both text and variables. But you are limited to 70 characters all included.
From OP/TP270 and up, you could make reports that could fit a complete A4 page.