Red Lion G315 - Search and Replace?

PeterW

I'm working with a Red Lion HMI (Crimson 3), have created a few dynamic symbols, where the symbol in different colours are overlapped and grouped together and each will be visible with a different value in the same tag.

i.e. tag x = 1 'yellow' symbol is shown, tag x = 2 'green' symbol is shown, etc.

Normally where I do things like this I can copy the grouped symbol for the next device and do a quick search and replace on the group to change in one go to the new tag.

I can't see how to do that on the Red Lion. Am I missing a trick?

As far as I know, you must drill in and swap the tags manually unless you turn the object into a widget.

You can, however, drag and drop tags from the tags on the resources pane (right side) to make it quicker, and you can also right click the group and click the "Jump To" option to see a list of all the tags used by the group in order to verify your work.

There is a Find Global option on the edit menu, but I have not used it much, and I don't know of any search and replace options.

I've been looking at that widget and thinking maybe I should look at that.

Trouble is its a very aggressive timescale on the project so no time to learn.

I think the widget is easiest way to do this. I also think this feature would be a nice addition. I use arrays a fair amount, to make generic pages and manually editing each tag is time consuming.

Peter Widgets are not as hard as you might think. I did a little write up about them. You can search and find it.
Call RedLion they have some great guys that will walk through Widgets in no time. you will spend less time talking to them that you will doing brute force making the changes.

This feature is on our requested list but I have no time frame as to when it will be implemented.

Thanks
Jeremy