Slc 5/04 EEprom problem

conveyor

Hello
Trying to get a program from an eeprom into the processor. It is from another processor same revision and os. I reset back to factory and can communicate. When i try to load from rslogix it tells me that it will overwrite channel config and may lose comms. then it tells me i have lost comm/ config probably changed and then nothing.. When i look in rslinx i can still see the processor so comms are active. Also tried to set the bits in the processor status to load memory module and still nothing..Kind of new to all of this and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello
Trying to get a program from an eeprom into the processor. It is from another processor same revision and os. I reset back to factory and can communicate. When i try to load from rslogix it tells me that it will overwrite channel config and may lose comms. then it tells me i have lost comm/ config probably changed and then nothing.. When i look in rslinx i can still see the processor so comms are active. Also tried to set the bits in the processor status to load memory module and still nothing..Kind of new to all of this and any help would be greatly appreciated.

It is somewhat common for RSLogix to give an error when loading or saving to/from EEPROM. When the PLC is busy doing the requested action, it quits responding to RSLinx and RSLogix may give up on it too early.

This seems to be less common with newer versions and with DF1 communications.

If you can see the RUN led on the CPU flashing then you can be sure that it is indeed loading/storing to/from EEPROM.

When you get done with the Load from EEPROM operation, you say the SLC still appears in RSLinx. This can mean:

a) RSLinx is showing stale information. Right click on the SLC in question and Remove it. If it is really still there, it will re appear. If the processor name says "DEFAULT" then the load from EEPROM failed, OR that is the name as stored on the EEPROM.

b) The operation did complete successfully, and the SLC is sitting there in program mode. Cycling the keyswitch to RUN should cause it to start running the freshly loaded logic. Alternatively, from within RSLogix, you can choose Comms from the menu bar (working from memory here...) then choose Who Active, Go Online, then in the RSWho applet that pops up next, pick out the processor, and hit okay. At that point, you will be prompted for an offline copy of the file to get the comments from or create a new file. Once online, you can put the SLC in Run mode.

It may be helpful if you can tell us more about your PC (sofstware versions of Linx/Logix, and OS) as well as how you are connected to the SLC.

And, welcome to the forum!
Paul

Definately looking like the EEPROM is failing to load. Tried another with a different EEPROM test program written on this processor and loaded no problem.

The one i am trying to get to load is from a known working system
Both Mem modules are 1747-M11

Is there anything other then same processor type/os version to get a program to load to a different processor?

Null modem DF-1
RSlogix 8.1/RSlinx Classic 2.54

Problem is the system was removed and put in storage..we ran it before removing and since it had been out of use for over a year i assumed the program would have had to load from the EEPROM.

I am trying get the program to use as a good teaching tool for myself. I have all the layout and schematics of the system , and knowing what every device is and was supposed to do is definitely a big plus in my book.

Wont be the end of the world if i cant get it but it wont deter me from trying like hell to get it.

Thanks for the help

Chunk the EEPROM. :rolleyes: I've nothing but problems getting them reliably work. $5 Flash drive is the answer I am leaning to!

The forum in a good place to get the answer if you musst use it though.:site:

J

Problem is the system was removed and put in storage..we ran it before removing and since it had been out of use for over a year i assumed the program would have had to load from the EEPROM.

I am trying get the program to use as a good teaching tool for myself. I have all the layout and schematics of the system , and knowing what every device is and was supposed to do is definitely a big plus in my book.

Wont be the end of the world if i cant get it but it wont deter me from trying like hell to get it.

Thanks for the help