Learning Curve for RS BizWare Batch

sanger

I'm looking at a project that involves duplicating an existing line with a few modifications. All of the programs for the original line are available and hopefully modifications would be minimal.

The existing line makes heavy use of RS BizWare Batch and although I am familiar with the theory of S88 I have never used a batch management program. Although I would only need to make minimal modifications to the batching process I would need to understand the system well enough to fully debug and commission the system and provide training.

I'm wondering what the learning curve is for RS Batch. The time frame for the project is fairly short and it is unlikely I would have time to take a formal course.

Also, I see that the current product is now sold as FactoryTalk Batch. How big of a conversion is it from RS BizWare Batch to FactoryTalk Batch if it turns out that the old product is not longer available.

Thanks