Calling a program in Crimson 3

Ramric

I have mapped data tags Vlt_1 and Amp_1 from a device_1 (with ip address) to a red lion programmable controller which is connected to it over Ethernet radio by making the data source of the data tags as the device_1 with opc address as Vlt_1 and device_1 with opc address as Amp_1 respectively.
I have also mapped the output modules (CSOUT4) terminals (first 2) with data tags Vlt_out and Amp_out.
I have tried to assign the output module terminal data tags to the device data tags above in the data actions on write general at the tags but get circular errors so have resorted to assigning the data tags in a program with protype program1(). But I am unable to call this program. I changed the properties to same as caller, background, read when referenced, run anyway etc. I have placed and incremental counter to see if the program is being called but apparently not. Can anyone help?