Changing of password in RS View 32 Works.

AB2005

Hi Friends;

In a workstation, HMI is running in RS View32 Works. I created a user account with a password for Project Stop which was working well. I wanted to change the password, stopped project>>opened User Account>>selected desired account ID>>changed password>>pressed Accept>>saved and closed>>Run Project and checked that system did not accept new password, it accepted old password while new password was saved. I tried several times but same results found. Please help.

Did you try restarting the computer? I think Windows has to restart for the new password to be fully recognized by RSView.

Make sure you assign some Security Codes to your new User, otherwise it will not be able to access anything at all.

Also, if I remember correctly, RSView can be set (certainly for a Windows NT computer) so that it uses the computer User and Password, not the ones in User Accounts

How to Create RSView User Accounts.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Lanciel1

I have tried several times to change the password of user account then Log off/Restart the PC but password remains the old. Even if i delete the user account>>save>>close>>restart the PC, after opening User Accounts again, i found the account as previous.

Even if i delete the user account>>save>>close>>restart the PC, after opening User Accounts again, i found the account as previous.
AB, I think then that your RSView is loading the user account from the computer user list. RSView had a feature that allowed that on certain computer operating systems (Windows NT for certain). If that is the case, then to delete or change a RSView user, you have to change the computer User and Password. If you have an Administrator account, you can go to "Control Panel, User Accounts", and make changes to the computer users. Then when you restart the computer, RSView is supposed to read its new user list from the Windows User List.

OK.
Is it possible that RS View could have a password separated from Windows User account i.e. Windows user account has a separate password and Rs View has separate??

I have tried my best to change the password of Rs View but all in vain. I have changed the Windows User Account password then changed the Rs View password (different from windows) but RS VIEW USER ACCOUNT PASSWORD IS NOT CHANGING.
:-(.
Moreover, if i delete that User Account in RS>>Save>>close>>logout>>login>>start Rs View>> again found that account here i.e not deleted.
A very strange problem facing. Please assist.

Last edited:
I am still wondering why system does not save any editing (deletion an account or changing of password) in project of RS View32. If i delete an account, save and close but found it again if open the user account folder.

Moreover, if i delete that User Account in RS>>Save>>close>>logout>>login>>start Rs View>> again found that account here i.e not deleted. I am still wondering why system does not save any editing (deletion an account or changing of password) in project of RS View32.
My guess would be that your RSView is using the computer User Account Name and password, therefore is ignoring any changes to the RSView internal User list. To make it use a different user, you must setup up a new Windows User as THE Administrator, and then delete the original user name and password.

There is no password for PC user account.
I run the windows in "Safe Mode", opened the project, deleted the old user account, created a new account and password and saved. Run the normal window and found the changing valid.
Now my problem solved.

Hurray! I was glad to hear how to do this. I am going to make a note in case it happens to me: Run in Safe Mode to delete old account.

I bet you knew this all along and were just testing us?

No Mr.Lancie1.
Believe me i did not know that. I spent a lot of time to read/search how to do this but i could find nothing. This trick came in my mind and I tried and succeeded.

Thanks for the information and for the feedback on how to fix this problem. Many times we never hear of how the problem finally was fixed.

Because it worked in Safe Mode, your problem must have something to do with the later added Windows security features not being completely compatible with RSView.

Once I run the anti-virus in my Laptop and found no virus in system but when i run the window in Safe mode and then run the anti-virus, i surprised to see a lot of viruses in system. That is the theory behind my thinking to run the window in Safe mode.