Magelis XBTGC2230 issue

ddwilson1

Is there a way to reset the unit to factory defaults?
The problem is the first time I programmed it for testing I set up download protection but forgot to set up the log in and password now it will not allow downloads or changes without the user name and password. This is a brand new unit so do not think
scrapping it is a possibility even though a large hammer has been considered.
Doug

Try to use a USB disk. Compile and tell VD to write files to usb, plug disk into unit, and away you go (hopefully). Assumes your device supports a USB disk... mine did when I had this issue a few weeks back. Won't reset to factory defaults, but you can put a minimal application on the device.

Should have checked first - this looks like a SoMachine-based controller, not Vijeo Designer. Not sure if the Vijeo Designer solution above works this way for this device or not.

Last edited:
There's hope - I could change from SoMachine to USB for download. Don't know if it will work, but this is what I would try.

XBTGC.jpg

Hi,

I am Mohua, an application engineer with Schneider Electric.

Try the following
1. Start menu -> Schneider Electric -> VijeoDesigner -> Tools -> Runtime Installer -> XBTGC
OR
2. Empty project download via USB

If not you might have to send the unit back to reset back to factory mode, since , you have enabled "download security".

Do you have a local Schneider sales rep that you are working with ? They could assist with sending the unit back for resetting .

The XBTGC is a PLC+HMI combo unit that works with SoMachine which has the Vijeodesigner embedded for programming the HMI part. So , essentially one software .