Micrologix 1500 erorr code 81

mmgch

Hi guys,
Did anyone come across this problem?

1764 Micrologix 1500 LRP series c
1769-IT6 6 channel thermocouple
intermittent problem. Every second day the machine went into fault mode when powering up; error 81. I disconnected module and reconnected it. I checked the connection and it seems good. If I switch the switch to run mode, fault goes away. now I'm getting the fault every couple of hours.
Did anyone have that experience what the fault might be before I start changing parts?

This board is a great source of information for me. Id like to thank all the participants for your knowledge and help.

See picture below.

Check and double check grounding. If you are switching inductive loads (e.g. solenoids), do they have surge protection?

error81.jpg