Remote access PLC through GSM network?

electro89

I'm looking for a solution to access wago 750-841 fieldbus controller over a GSM network. I was looking into ******* EW23205, but it is very expensive ($1000+) and other similar devices. However, I don't see why I cant just use a D-Link dir-412 3g router/modem for $60.

http://www.manualowl.com/m/D-Link/DIR-412/Manual/156369
On page 42-43 it says that you can set up a virtual network to access the IP address. wouldn't this work?

Thanks,
Martino

That would work, but I wouldn't put it in a remote or dirty environment. They need to be reset often and depending on models, they overheat easily.

It wouldn't be in a dirty environment. it is for remote control of a solar panel.
When you say it needs to be reset often, would it keep a static ip or vpn even after reset?
It would just need to be accessed if the user of the solar panel has a problem, in which case he would turn on the router

The one model I used with Sprint kept a static IP and VPN worked after a reset, but it would needing resetting after 24-48 hours of being on.

What application were you using it for? I'm thinking of accessing the webvisualization.
For this field device, you can access the webvisu straight from the ip address of the device.

I was monitoring an ice machine which was setup outside. It was in the summer with exposure to ambient temperatures. It got the job done, but I lost connection during the heat of the day.

I have used Sixnet in 18 wheeler portable water treatment systems with 0 failures and these are not air ride trailers.
I got a SIM card and a I2gold plan from AT&T with static IP and incoming connections. You must contact your local AT&T business rep a AT&T store will have no idea what your talking about

Last edited: