micrologix 1200 using RSLogix 500

sheriffinst

Please can anyone help me out?I have a mocrologix 1200 1762-L24BXB,a RS232(1761-CBL-PM02)cable and just installed RS Logix 500 on my pc.Please how can I get the PLC communicate with the pc?

please i also notice powering up my PLC.The power and fault led is ON solid.can dis be d problem of not allowing connection?

Maybe. But the question is: Have you set up your Communication Driver in RSLinks. Also, how are you connecting that RS-232 cable to your computer? Do you have a serial port or are you using a USB to Serial adapter.

Finally, did you watch the video Ken posted? It pretty much explains it step by step.

OK,U guys have been wonderful.I have watched the video and followed all the steps but when i click Auto configure it runs and comes back with the messg:"Failed to find the baud & parity.Check all the cables & switch setting".Now i have done all ask to do but what I am seeing now is that the fault LED is not sopos to be ON SOLID.When I checked the manual it says i should recycle power and done all this still same.What can I do now

Exactly how are you connecting the Serial Cable to your PC. If you have a Serial port on a newer computer it could be a "replicated" port.

You will need to go thru your Device Manager on your PC (found in Systems on your Control Panel) and confirm what port you are using. By default RSLinks uses Comm Port 1 and your port could be set up as another. By checking Device Manager you can see what port is setup as the serial Comm Port.

One other question. Do you have any I/O cards attached to your base? Or was there cards attached that have been removed. I believe this will cause a Solid Red fault (know it will cause a fault for sure).

I only have a relay extension I/O attached to it.I have removed the PLC from the panel to the workshop and have connected it to my PC with the I/O connected
Immediately i power on,The two LED comes up and stay

Was the PLC faulted before you removed it?

Certain Hardware faults will prevent you from going online. But it is not common. That is why I am asking all the questions about your connection. You may need to flash the PLC, but this something you would want to go thru with Allen Bradley directly.

Please what are the likely hardware faults that could hinder going online?What are the likly solutions?pls ordinarily if u̶̲̥̅̊ just purchased a new plc unit and power it witout conecting any input n output,Į̸̸̨Ƨ̷ D̶̲̥̅̊ fault lite sopos to be ON

A brand new microLogix PLC comes as a "brick" which means there;s no program loaded to it.
Thus, the RED Fault light is lit.
Until you load something you'll have the fault light.

Solid fault led is not a good thing. See picture below.

Check wiring and if you have expansion module double check the connections or disconnect them to see what happens without them.. And good grounding.

solidFault.jpg

Last edited: