Wireless vs wired PLC connection speeds

cnorm5623

Hi,
So for our Allen Bradly PLC network we have everything hardwired with ethernet and we have a few PC's through out the plant for trouble shooting and such.
well recently I added Wireless AP's through out the plant so we can use laptops for faster trouble shooting. we use sonicwall sonicpoints for the AP's and the laptops built in wireless cards or some D-Link adapter for some of the older laptops.

so now to the question. when connected to a PLC via the hardwired PC the connection to the PLC is fast (the little Ladder is spinning fast) but when we connect via wireless it spins slow even though the wireless is communicating at an average of 130 Mbps and i know that the PLC 5s only connect at 10 Mbps. any one have an idea why this is?

How many VAP's are you running on the network?

Are your sonic points dual band? Have you tried them on dual band only?

Try enabling your short guard interval and aggregation. Also if ****ible set the units to n only mode and test speeds with N devices.

Run some tests with the vuiltin RF diagnostics. They will lead you in the right direction.

Try doing some latency testing using something like nmap.
But out of curiosity, outside of the ladder spinning, do you notice any realworld difference in the usability of Rs5?