FactoryTalk keypad delay !

Robotroc

Hi,

I have a question ... It is possible when i press "enter" key from a panelview plus 700 numeric keypad, the tag that i want to change to be active IF I HOLD THE enter key for 10 seconds ? if i don't hold the enter key for 10 seconds the tag to remaind at the last value.

I hope to be possible because i need that delay !

Thank's a lot !

Have a nice day !

I dont think the enter button has any editable attributes so you may be out of luck. Just a thought but what if you made a buffer for your setpoint. the user would enter the setpoint then push enter, the new value goes into a buffer register. Now for the system to accept the setpoint the user would hold down another button for 10 sec, like a "transfer the new setpoint in" button. If they fail to hold the button down for to long then the setpoint does not transfer and if they do not push the button in a certain time after the setpoint was entered into the buffer, then clear the setpoint. Just a thought :)

Yes u are right ..this ideea is in my head too :) but i prefer the enter variant if it's possible ofcourse.

Thank you for response

Righr click the display screen and choose display settings the look at Max Tag Update Rate.

These are predefinded choices but 1 sec works well for us it can be faster or slower but one of the settings is 10 seconds so I would check this first.

Righr click the display screen and choose display settings the look at Max Tag Update Rate.

These are predefinded choices but 1 sec works well for us it can be faster or slower but one of the settings is 10 seconds so I would check this first.

This will effect all tags on the screen, I think he is looking for just one. maybe I am confused?

It will most likely solve the issues though and it is the only way to do it AFAIK. A faster update time will not hurt anything and if it does then there are larger network issues at hand.

This will effect all tags on the screen, I think he is looking for just one. maybe I am confused?

Yes you are right .. i am looking for just on tag not for all. I will put a timer maybe or other variant ... it is good for me to make the "enter key" method but if isn't possible i will make in other mode.

Thank you all !

Have a nice day !