OPC server setup

egba2012

Hi all,

I've searched the internet for a few days to try to setup an OPC server on my windows PC to communicate with a PLC. However, I can find a lot of OPC software/tools/etc. but I need a beginners guide for setting up a OPC server.

I tried to install the free Greybox OPC server, but as far as I can see, this only installed a folder with some executables in it (representing sample servers) which, according to the manual, don't need to be executed for the server to work. The manual doesn't explain how to setup the server though. Can anyone help me or point me in the good direction to do this?

Thanks!

J

If you are looking for a server, you may want to consider KepserverEX from Kepware. Below is a link to our web site in that we are a distributor for Kepware:

http://www.eternity-sales.com/Kepware/Kepware.htm

You can download a runtime limited version to install, in order to become familar with the product. Our web site includes manuals and documentation. Here is a link to our manual section where the Siemens OPC driver suite is located:

http://www.eternity-sales.com/Kepware/kepwaredownloads.htm

You can also download KepserverEX through the above link.

If you have any questions, feel free to email through the link below in the signature.

Hope this helps.

Ok thanks I will look into it!

I only need a few parameters to communicate (about 5-10). Are there any simple servers available for free that are able to do so?