DeviceNet Scanner configuration

angi

Hi guys

I am working on a ControlNet with 4 DeviceNet Scanner(1756-DNB, the scanner located in slot#4,5,6 and 7. when I check the scanner setting using RSNetworx, find that all of the scanner's slot set to "1" instead of 4/5/6/7. how come the system also work like this?

thanks

In RSNetworx for DeviceNet, the scanner's Slot Number is shown in the addressing tables for the Input Mapping and Output Mapping.

You must set this value manually.

The Slot number is used only by RSNetworx to label the Scanlist tags on the Input Map and Output Map tabs. It has no effect on anything except the labels on the Input and Output tabs, and on the Scanner data table map generated by the Report feature.

Hi Ken

I know that the slot need to be set when we map the input/output, after the scanner configuration was done, for example, the scanner on slot#4, the slot number for this scanner should be 4 when we go online, is this right?

When you change the Slot number on the Scanner configuration tab, it changes the Slot number in the I/O addresses on the Input and Output map tabs, as well as in the Report generated by RSNetworx.

I believe that is the only thing affected by that setting. It might have something to do with the module -> RSNetworx file link in RSLogix 5000 but I am not sure.

The actual I/O Tags in RSLogix 5000 are determined by the Slot Number in which the 1756-DNB is defined in the I/O tree.

RSNetworx Slot Num.jpg

HI Guys
I also facing a problem. I thought i might post here. Previous machines are using 1769-SDN/B Firmware/Rev 2.2, and my new scanner card is 1769-SDN/B Rev- A02, firmware/rev 4.2. When i am trying to change my card, my new card is not communicating. it's showing error 79 on card. I am having very basic knowledge on devicenet. Can you pls guide me what's going wrong.

Hi Ken
The sample you attached is correct, but the problem for me is when I go online using RSNetworx for DeviceNet to check a exsit working system, the slot number for the scanner located in slot#4 is 1, the mapping information listed as 1:I.Dataxx( I tried upload also). I do not understand this.

Angi: RSNetworx does not read the Slot Number of the 1756-DNB, so it's entirely possible for it to be incorrect, and stay incorrect. It is purely for display purposes on those two tabs and in the Scanlist Report, and has no effect on the actual tags used in RSLogix 5000.

srehmanakhtar: Error Code 79 indicates that no devices are replying to the scanner on DeviceNet.

This usually means that the Scanner is set for the incorrect Data Rate (125 kb, 250 kb, or 500 kb/s).

The Firmware Revision should also match in the RSLogix 500 or 5000 program, but that doesn't cause Error 79.

Do you know what data rate the other devices on this network are using ?

Are you replacing an existing 1769-SDN, or building a new machine with a new PLC and a new scanner ?

Thanks for your reply Ken.

I want to replace a card. Previous card is using 125 kb/s. This new card in not establishing connection at all. My card is placed in slot 2 in plc.When i tried to go online in Rsnetworx in ethernet tree devicenet card is not present. there card 1 then card 3.

If card will not communicate then we will not able to change any settings.