Switching from GE to Modicon

afoley

Guys, I need some help here.
I am presently in the very begining phase of a project in which I will be switching out a customer's GE Fanuc PLC with a Modicon Quantum 113/2 unit. I am merely the programmer, others made the decision on changing brands/types etc.
I need two things from anone who is willing to help.
First, will I continue to be able to use the customer's RS View interface, and what level of difficulty will I encounter in doing so?
Second, I have no experience or software for the GE, but the customer has promised to e-mail me the currently used program. My request is this, is anyone willing or able to take the current GE program and extract a data or text file from it if I e-mail it to you?
Thank you in advance for any help that may be offered.

Which GE PLC are you replacing? The RSView could be talking to it via, CCM, SNP, SNPX, or Modbus protocol. You'll have to modify the RSView application access the correct locations in the Quantum PLC. If the current application uses Modbus, this should be easy. Otherwise, there's a little more work involved.

Tell me the model PLC and the software package used to program it, and I'll help you get the program as a text file.

Steve, 93lt1

Thanks again,
I havn't been to the customer's site yet, so I don't know which GE-FANUC is involved. I have just received the RS View files, so I will be able to modify the existing program (some minor changes are called for anyway, so a communications change won't be a problem).
When I do receive the current GE program I will contact you to arrange the transfer.
Again, thanks.