Mitsubishi Melsec F-12R

airnuts

Hello,

I'm in desparate need of help reprograming above referenced unit in a Milling machine.

Have no reference manuals or programing software or cables to do so.
Will purchase advertized manual as tutorial once I figure out what it is trying to do in the machine. Think it may control the M code functions but may do other things as well. The CNC has a Fanuc Gn6 control and no build manuals with it. Battery died in the PLC leaving machine cripled do to lack of use. This is a hobby project so learning has been intense to date. this will be no exception I feel.

Any advise on where to start and where to get proper cable and software would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards, and Thanks!
Steve Crisp

Best of luck. Contact your Mitsubishi guy. I think this is one of the very old ones and software may not be any good to you. I had a case recently with an F1. My local Mitso guy told me that there are 2 memory areas. Medoc will address the PLC and you think you are getting the program but you are not. The only way is to go through line by line with a hand held programmer.
Suggestion - replace it with something else if it is one of these. Apparently the one I struck was discontinued in 1992.
beerchug

:) Thanks for yoru reply Bob.

Was able to get a hold of a chap close to me and he also suggested I scrap the unit and start over with a AB micrologic 1000. In the process of chasing down wires to find out what they do. Understand that the AB unit is inexpensive and comes with software and the cord is only about $50. And it is better supported than the Milsec. At any rate he will help me with the conversion as soon as I can get the function I O table to him.

Best regards,
Steve Crisp