Help ID'ing a rotary switch

MikeVT

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey gang, I would like to see if anybody can ID this switch, so I could find a replacement. (see attached photos) It's an 8 (or 9) pole, 24 position switch, being used to create a BCD value for position feedback. Any help on a manufacturer, or replacement suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

IMG_0073.jpg IMG_0074.jpg

I think Clay is right, that today we would throw in an encoder and be done with it. So, all the red wires on the bottom deck are unused? and you just need BCD for 24 places?

It looks like more may be going on than just that.

Yeah, Clay, it moves pretty slow. It's on a feed elevator turn-head. The possible trouble with changing to an encoder, is the PLC that this switch is connected to is on the ground floor, and this switch is aprrox. 300' up near the top of the elevator. There are a couple of positions that are getting quirky, probably bad/worn contacts in this switch. From what I can gather, this setup maybe more than 30 years old.

Yes Timbert, The wires on the bottom deck appear to be unused. And yes, I just need BCD for 24 places. My guess is the might be for connecting indicator lights.

Thanks for the help Timbert, and Okie. Timbert, that does look a lot like the part I need to replace.

Thanks for your help.

Mike