German and English suggestions...

peelseeds

Hello "plc" World,
I'm only literate in the English language.
I have a German project with no English comments.
I've been using several translating websites which are great. No real issues with translating text.

BUT,
I wanted to ask anyone here, if they can recommend a site/glossary/database with the most common engineering/programming/electrical/mechanical terms displayed in both German and English.

quick example:
Eingabe = input
Eingänge = inputs
Ausgang = output
Ausgänge = outputs
NOT-AUS = emergency
Sollwert = setpoint
Quellen = source

etc.

This would be a great "cheat sheet" for users who are not familiar with the German language.

Thanks for reading,
take care.

Hello "plc" World,
I'm only literate in the English language.
I have a German project with no English comments.
I've been using several translating websites which are great. No real issues with translating text.

BUT,
I wanted to ask anyone here, if they can recommend a site/glossary/database with the most common engineering/programming/electrical/mechanical terms displayed in both German and English.

quick example:
Eingabe = input
Eingänge = inputs
Ausgang = output
Ausgänge = outputs
NOT-AUS = emergency
Sollwert = setpoint
Quellen = source

etc.

This would be a great "cheat sheet" for users who are not familiar with the German language.

Thanks for reading,
take care.

The best technical translation resource by far is Leo:http://dict.leo.org
Be wary though, it's easy to get rubbish answers (or get too long a list and wind up choosing arbitrarily). Stay away from google, it will tend to give you plausible but incorrect results when translating very specific terms.

Binaural and Timbert. these are both great. Timbert's suggestion maybe more suitable for me. as Binaural said, the list is sometimes extensive and you have too many choices. Timberts link also, displays translations in several language.
if you search INPUT POWER for example, you see a nicely organized list of translated terms in arabic, german, japanese,spanish, italian, polish and more!

Thanks for the replies. what a great site.