siemens S7 PLC communication with computer

panthripu

Hi
I heard about A PC having some application ( which is compatible with/supports OPC) program to control some device in the field through siemens S7 PLC. This PC having OPC server intalled and is connected to siemens S7 PLC through ethernet .It gets some signals from PLC and based on these signal generates output and send it to PLC.
Is such type of arrangement is there some special blocks which need to be installed in PLC (like we use send and receive blocks for communication between two siemens PLCs). Or by simply creating a DB in PLC to read and write by such PC.
I mean how the system works.

Similar Topics

Hi Guys, I am trying to establish communication over profinet between Siemens S7-1200 PLC as IO device and codesys plc as IO controller. But I am...
Replies
Views
I am trying to establish communication between Siemens PLC 1500 and Matlab. I followed a tutorial on youtube at this link: But when I got to the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I want to communicate controllogix PLC 1769-L33ER with S7413-3PN/DP using there elthernet connection. So how we can do this? Is any devices...
Replies
Views
i have TWO PLCS ( ONE PLC M258 SCHENEIDER ) AND OTHER PLC IS ( SIEMENS S7-300 CPU314C-2DP ) SOFTWARE USED FOR SIEMENS IS TIA PORTAL V13 AND...
Replies
Views
Hi There, I am executing a project for MES in which i need to fetch some data from Siemens S7-300 PLC to AB Controllogix. Now the challenge is...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom