Opinions on Allen Bradley FLEX-Ex I/O

radfahrer

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm just looking to get some feedback from anyone who has used Allen Bradley Flex-Ex I/O.
I work for a small integrator and we're doing a small project that is our first with a hazardous area classification (Class 1 Div 1).

We were thinking of going with Flex-Ex since we have a good relationship with the local Rockwell distributor, but I also recently got a quote from R. Stahl for their remote I/O product.

Just curious if anyone has recommendations or has some experience working with the Flex-Ex and can let me know if it went smoothly or if they had issues when it came to installing and using it.

The main issue I'm concerned about is the DO modules...we're trying to drive ASCO WB IS solenoids which need 30mA, and I'm not sure the Flex-Ex can handle that. The Stahl rep had lots of detailed test data for their I/O with many different devices and had specifically tested ASCO solenoids. The local Rockwell rep. didn't seem to have similar info for the Flex-Ex products.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated,

Greg