PanelView Plus program change issue

bigbuckaroo

Recent process was upgraded by outside company utilizing a Contrologix and PanelView Plus. Everything working great no issues. Boss decides he wants an addition made to a screen on the PanelView Plus. I fire up the Factory Talk View software and open the project. Before I do anything I go to the transfer utility and do a compare. It tells me they are identical. I add 3 momentary pushbuttons to a screen. I download the project to HMI. I go to the HMI because I am programming this through our network, and check the screen. Changes are not present. I reboot the Panelview Plus and again check. Still no changes present. I go back to my computer and do another compare where the project on my computer shows the changes I made and the unit in question. Again it says they are identical which to me means the changes should be there. Now what the heck is going on?? I do not use Factory Talk View hardly at all but I have made changes to a different unit about 6-8 months ago with no issues. Can somebody enlighten me as to what I could be doing wrong?

Several things that could be happening:

When using the transfer utility:
Validate the source file is the one you just created (open the source file dialog and check the date of the file you wish to transfer). This field does not automatically follow the file you just created, it remains set to the previous choice.

Did you check the "Run At Application Startup" option box?

Did you physically witness the PV+ reboot & restart?

With respect to the application:

Are the new objects you created visible? (check their visibility attributes)

Verify they are not hidden by another object that you can't see in the editor.

These are the common mistakes I make.

I figured it out. I forgot that I had to create the runtime application and then download that. Thanks for the ideas on things to check. I will try to remember them for future reference. It is worth noting that when I went to download the change I then got an incompatibility error. Numerous times when the company was here commisioning the project he told me this was in version 6.0 so that is what I downloaded it as. Come to find out not the case. It was in version 5.10! Everything all good now. Thanks.