how to interface 110v ac to plc?

rbennypandian

R
We are using press switch rated 110v Ac 10A how can I interface with plc digital input

Realize that "rated 110v Ac 10A" simply means that the switch is capable of being used with 110 volts AC, in a circuit drawing a maximum of 10 amperes of current.

If your PLC inputs are 24 volts DC, you can probably connect this switch just as you would any other.

DC SUPPLY
^ ^ +---PLC--
| | |
| +------------->|o COM
| |
+-----> Switch <---->|o INPUT
|
+--------

It would be helpful if you provide more details, like what brand and specific model PLC your using, etc...

beerchug

-Eric

I assume by press switch you mean Pushbutton. You can connect this or any other switch directly to your PLC input as shown by Eric. If the contacts on the switch are already being used then it is best to add another contact block to the switch. So what PLC and inputs are you using?