ProSoft MVI69-MCM Block 3000

mike.m

Im having a bit of trouble trying to figure this out any assistance is greatly appreciated...

Im using a Rockwell L32E compact logix controller with a Prosoft MVI69-MCM modbus module.

I have the plc set as a master polling up to 50 slaves. I have a poll interval of 1 second per command, a error retry of 3, error timeout 1 second.

The problem I have is when several slaves are powered down the comms slows right down 4 seconds per powered down slave (1 sec time out 3 retries)

I believe I can use a special function block 3000 to disable polling these devices.

Question is how do I use this 3000. I confused as to how to actually go about using it.

Thanks in advance

Mike

I have not used that specific modbus module, However, I have used the MV156. In the literature that prosoft provides, they indicate which specific bit enables the read/write commands. I don't have it in front of me at the moment, but from memory I think it is something like Port0.command or something like that. As I recall, there is a bit in that array that you could toggle to enable 1 or disable 0 a particular read or write command. The problem that I would see is that, as I recall, changes to that configuration require the module to be reset. You could always call Prosoft and describe what you're trying to accomplish. There tech support has always been very helpful to me. Good luck!

Thanks for your help Mark, I did have the manual in front of me yesterday I just could not for the life of me figure out how to do it.

Yesterday was a long day ill give it another go tonight with a more clear head, I cant see it being that complicated.

Thanks again.