HELP!!!! don't know how to program a timer into an IDEC micro1 PLC using windldr

adamj

Hi all, i need urgent help with the programming of this PLC ( idec micro1 ) using windldr software package. My problem is that there doesn't seem to be an engage (EN) and done (DN) bit for the timer in this software.

the process is as follows:
1) the power switch is turned on which activates the "run" light

2) when the "run" light is on, the conveyor "motor" is activated

3) jars are loaded onto the conveyor and are detected by a proximity sensor

4) upon detection the conveyor stops and simultaneously a valve opens and fills the jar

5) after 3 seconds the valve closes and the conveyor starts

6) the process is repeated for every jar that is detected by the proximity sensor

i wrote the program using logixpro silo simulation but can't figure out how to include the timer DN and EN bits into the windldr program.....any help in writing this program will be greatly appreciated. the link below shows the program i wrote using logixpro software

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/attachment.php?attachmentid=21495&stc=1&d=1331521214

Last edited:
The equivalent of the done (.DN) bit is simply the timer as a contact. It will turn ON (become true) when the timer expires.
|    T10
|----] [------...

Since the enable (.EN) is really just ON when the timer is enabled. You can simply parallel an output with the timer and use this as the .EN bit
| CONDITION  CONDITION  CONDITION
| 1 2 3 +---------+
|----] [--------] [--------] [-----+------| TIM T10 |
| | | |
| | | 0100 |
| | +---------+
| |
| | M010
| +------------( ) M10 Would be the equivalent of the .EN bit
|

And since we're on the topic, here is the equivalent of the timer timing (.TT) bit
|    M10      T10
|----] [------]/[----... With M10 being the equivalent of the .EN bit I showed above

In other words, the timer is enabled (.EN), but not done (.DN)

🍻

-Eric

hey Eric, thanks for the help.....i have two questions though

1) will the EN bit M01 have to be wired to any of the devices on the system ( conveyor motor , valve or prox sensor) seeing as it is an output?
2) if M01 is not to be wired to any devices on the system, do i simply bridge the poles for output M01 on the PLC?

An M bit is an internal bit, not a physical output (I think Q bits are physical outputs on the IDEC?). M01 would be the same as say, B:0/1 in logixpro. I just picked M01 as an example. You can use any unused M bit for this purpose. You just want a bit that turns on when the rung conditions leading to the timer are true (i.e. the timer is 'enabled'). That's why I paralleled it to the timer instruction. You will use the contact of this M bit just like you would use the T4:0.EN bit for the T4:0 timer in logixpro.

Try it in logixpro. Parallel a timer with an OTE B:0/4 (or another bit you're not using). Notice how B:0/4 mimics the timer's .EN bit.

🍻

-Eric

Here is an example using WindLdr, based on what Eric Nelson said. Please note the M0 coil in rung 1 is on the main line of the rung while the Timer box is on the branch. You will get a compile error if the order is reversed. Why, I don't know, it is probably due to the order of execution of the instructions.

Last edited:
Great job, Eric and JR. I am going to file these answers in my Great Pile of PLC Stuff.

Please note the M0 coil in rung 1 is on the main line of the rung while the Timer box is on the branch. You will get a compile error if the order is reversed. Why, I don't know, it is probably due to the order of execution of the instructions.
Yeah, some PLCs are picky that way. Same with adding contacts to an output branch.

Thanks for taking the time to clarify my explanation using the actual WindLdr software... (y)

🍻

-Eric

Hey guys thanks for all the help......i will let you all know how well the machine performs when i test it later this week

I don't know if this works or not. Test the attached program. I don't have a Micro-1 plc to test it with.