Crimson 3 - Validation Failure

Marc_U

Lifetime Supporting Member
We have an critical problem with the Crimson 3 software.

We have been using Crimson 3 successfully for the past few years, but suddenly Today (12/03/12) on at least Four computers, the software won’t run at all.

Instead we get the following message box:

Validation Error
This is not a genuine copy of Crimson 3.0 software

The software was working perfectly on Friday (9/03/12) on all four computers.

Two of the computers have XP O/S and two have Windows 7, but all are reporting the same problem.

We have tried both ‘Build 459’ & ‘Build 469’ and have the same result – Validation Error.

I have tried downloading ‘Crimson 3 Gold Build 469’, and re-installing it, but this did not solve the problem.

A colleague tried uninstalling the Crimson 3 off his laptop (Windows 7) and re-installing it, only to find that he now can’t install it.

This problem is made more critical in that we have two engineers onsite, who need to be able use this software, but now can’t. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Please can anyone suggest a way resolve this problem a.s.a.p.

I have reported this problem to Redlion Tech Support email address.

That is strange.

I have just tried opening my copy of Crimson 3 and it is saying the same thing, so its nothing to do with your machine.

To get mine to open I just put my date back to January. Maybe this is a quick fix till a proper fix comes out.

Mark

Same issue here! One machine running Windows Vista, the other one Windows XP.

Last edited:
It appears that our Windows Certificate has expired, we are working on getting that fixed. For the time being, you can either set your PC's date to yesterday, or uninstall the latest build and install build 418 from here: http://www.redlion.net/Support/Software/Crimson3.0/history/Setup418.exe

Our IT guy should be in shortly to update our certificate, after which we will be releasing a hot fix.

Regards,
Dan

That is strange.

I have just tried opening my copy of Crimson 3 and it is saying the same thing, so its nothing to do with your machine.

To get mine to open I just put my date back to January. Maybe this is a quick fix till a proper fix comes out.

Mark

Thanks very much for the Quick Fix.

It at least means that our two engineers onsite can still carry on working.
:geek::geek::geek: 🍻 :geek::geek:

I imagine that Redlion will sorting this a.s.a.p.

Regards,

Marc

There is a temporary "fix" posted ... but it did not succeed on my machine. I get an error dialog titled "FixAuthenticode.exe - System Error" "The program can't start because MSVCR100D.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I was just coming online to address this. It seems that the fix posted doesn't behave properly with Windows XP. If you are running Windows XP continue to follow Dan's previous suggestions. I will let you know when we have updated the utility.

Thanks
Jeremy

Bump

Just bumping this thread. Tried the patch utility on the Red Lion Web site and got a missing dll error.

Any idea when this will be fixed? I hate to go back to version 418. The newer versions have so many things I like to use.

Clay B. What OS are you running?

It seems that the utility was released prematurely and on some systems this missing file is causing it to fail. We are currently working on an updated utility that will resolve this. I will let you guys know when its available.

Thanks
Jeremy

I also hate to go back to build 418. I am downloading it now but the transfer rate is 2.5 KB/sec and the download will take over 5 hours! I guess I am not the only person hitting that server. o_O

Any info on when this problem will be resolved?

Clay B. What OS are you running?

It seems that the utility was released prematurely and on some systems this missing file is causing it to fail. We are currently working on an updated utility that will resolve this. I will let you guys know when its available.

Thanks
Jeremy

Window 7 Pro 64 Bit Service Pack 1. It was upgraded from a Windows XP SP3 via Dell install disks. It might be the upgrade was missing the dll files needed. Wouldn't be the first time that has happened to me.

I am getting around the issue by changing my date. I have it running on another laptop so I do not mess up my calendar. Just not enough brain cells left to remember everything my calendar does.