PV 600 upload

juanmdx

Hello everyone,

I'm working in a project where there is a SLC5/04 and a panelview 600, the devices are connected with DH+, and I need to backup both of them.
I connected my laptop in the DB9 port of the PLC and could see it in the RSLinx, but I couldn't see the pv, so I backed up the PLC program. Then I connected my laptop in the DB9 port of the pv, and tryed to use RSLinx to see it, but the autoconfigure (using the RS232 on RSLinx) couldn't detect the baud and parity, I tryed to use all bauds and parityes and tryed to upload using PanelBuilder32 but since I can't ser the pv on linx I couldn't upload.
Can anyone please tell me how to connect with the pv in order to backup the program?

Thanks and best regards

Juan

I tryed with a Null cable and see nothing and the auto configure doesn't work, then with what I think is a straight and get the baud and parity errors..., so I'm not shure I'm doing the things hte right way..., can you explain the disconnecting the PLC thing moré detailed please.

Thanks

then with what I think is a straight

Make sure it is a straight thru cable.

Was there anything connected to the RS232 port on the PV. It's possible it can be set for a printer. If you can get to the PV's configuration screen check to see how the AUX/Printer port is set.

I don't know if they built an HMI with such a combination, but verify that the DE9 port is not DH485. If it is, you'll need the 1747-UIC (if it's 19200k) or the old PIC module.

edited to add:
There should be a label on the back of the unit that indicates what each port is. If it says "RS-232", it *should* autoconfigure with a straight cable using the RSLinx DF1 driver.

Also, if you post the PLC archive you uploaded, someone can verify the port settings and tell how it's talking to the HMI.

Last edited:
I tryed with a Null cable and see nothing and the auto configure doesn't work, then with what I think is a straight and get the baud and parity errors..., so I'm not shure I'm doing the things hte right way..., can you explain the disconnecting the PLC thing moré detailed please.

Thanks

i mean that you seem to already be using a straight thru cable from the plc to the hmi so if you let this cable connected where it is to the hmi but disconnect the plc side to put to your laptop port, it should work...But i'm using DF1 not DH+ so it may be different for you.
Successfully going online with AB stuff mean to me that 90% of the job is done :) so i'm far from being an AB refference.

Last edited:
i mean that you seem to already be using a straight thru cable from the plc to the hmi so if you let this cable connected where it is to the hmi but disconnect the plc side to put to your laptop port, it should work...But i'm using DF1 not DH+ so it may be different for you.
Successfully going online with AB stuff mean to me that 90% of the job is done :) so i'm far from being an AB refference.

I would think the cable between the plc and hmi is just a "blue hose"
Which you cannot directly connect to a laptop