PLC 5/20 to SLC data transfer

RasPLC01

please do help to transfer data from SLC to PLC

I Have one main station (PLC 5/20) which connect to local station (SLC 5/03)
Those processors are already communicating each other.now I Need to transfer Values from SLC (N7:50-N7:55) To PLC processor.

What type of instruction can be used?

both program attached find it here

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57875618/DOWNLOADS.rar

Thanks

HMMM , just took a look at the files you posted. The serial ports on your processors
show a different baud rate. And the SLC show it's serial port shutdown.

Are they communicating now or are these the most updated programs? Just curious.

Last edited:
Mickey thanks man

can i use same MSG used here. but how can i find out that instruction
there are lot of MSG in PLC 5/20 program

Im sure.The programs are most updated one

Here DF1 SLC connected to one modem and that connected to prosoft communication in PLC 5/20 Chassis.

Mickey thanks man

can i use same MSG used here. but how can i find out that instruction
there are lot of MSG in PLC 5/20 program

You will need to create a new massage instruction for the additional data you want from the SLC.

FYI the shutdown box I saw is for the "User Mode" which you are not using
sorry for any confusion there.

suppose I want to Transfer data from SLC (N7:50 to N7:62) to PLC 5/20 (N16:250-N16:262)

Please advice me the image below can do the job....

untitled.JPG

see link

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57875618/untitled.JPG

The port you are showing in the picture above is channel 1B, the file you posted shows that port configured for DH+ protocol. Is that port connected to the SLC you want to send this data to? The file you posted for the SLC is a SLC5/03, it does not support DH+ protocol. What is that DH+ port connect to?

So I'm a little confused, there are other message instructions that send data out port
channel 0 of the PLC5 ( it's serial port), where does that data go?

the SLC 5/03 We are talking about is connected to the Prosoft communication module as shown diagram ( see cable with "TP" mark (it is actully WTP) where our SLC 5/03 placed)

(the channel0 connected to another SLC 5/05)

we have plants as STP SLS WTP HRPS 33KV station (not used) we have to connect this to scada rsview (see the blue cable, one of this)

find the picture below

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57875618/IMG_0124.JPG

now i need to transfer (n7:50-n7:62) from SLC 5/03 of WTP to This PLC 5/20 And connect TO RSVIEW ( TAGS ARE AT N7:250-N7262)

Ok, I'm not familiar with that ProSoft module. So I'm not sure if you have to do any additional configuration to it to receive the new data. You might try programming the
new message instruction and see if the data gets to the PLC5.

I do know that ProSoft has excellent support though, if you can't get it working you might try giving them a call.

Thanks mickey
leave port now. i will try and find out.

in the posted picture. what about "PLC-5 TYPED READ" AND "DATA TABLE ADDRESS".

I Think i need to swap the data table address in both sections
am i right?

I Think i need to swap the data table address in both sections

Yes

BTW, what is the complete catalog number of those "ProSoft" modules? I'm still confused about how the PLC5 and the SLC5/03 are connected.

Last edited: