Slc 5/05 1747-l552

berrabbit5849

I am looking for all the componets to put in a system using remote I/O. I think I need a 1747-SN scanner module. Do I need one for each remote rack? I think I need a 1747-ASB for each remote rack? Will only be doing remote I/O. Do the scanner and ASB connect via Blue Hose ? I want to connect a PC to the processor at all times for troubleshooting. Does the processor have a ethernet port for this or is it another card.

I think I need a 1747-SN scanner module. Do I need one for each remote rack?

No, only the rack with the processor.

I think I need a 1747-ASB for each remote rack?

Yes.

Do the scanner and ASB connect via Blue Hose ?

Yes, make sure you have termnation resistors at each end of the network.

See link for the manual below.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1747-um013_-en-p.pdf

Does the processor have a ethernet port for this or is it another card.

Yes. It also has a serial port.

Last edited:
Btr btw

On my remote racks will I have to program a BTR and BTW to communicate with these. Can you show me an example ? It has been a long time since I have done this. Also there was something about a "G" file to fill in.
"