Search for experience in Sattcon 05

Plc_User

Are there people in Belgium that could help me in a project
with Sattcon 05?
It's a rather old system, but possibly someone could help me.
Thanks.

Yes, the Sattcon 05 is quite old. It is a Swedish PLC introduced in 1985 when it won a price at the Hannover fair.

We used to program it in school 20 years ago. I have some old documents in Swedish on how to program it in the small front display. If you have specific questions I might be able to help. I know it was quite popular in the Netherlands so you should be able to find some old automation guy to help you.

Yes, the Sattcon 05 is quite old. It is a Swedish PLC introduced in 1985 when it won a price at the Hannover fair.

We used to program it in school 20 years ago. I have some old documents in Swedish on how to program it in the small front display. If you have specific questions I might be able to help. I know it was quite popular in the Netherlands so you should be able to find some old automation guy to help you.

Thanks,

Do you have documenation about the programming software Dox5?
I have Dox5 on a virtual machine, but as it needs to communicate by the serial port, I will need it on real pc with serial port. Can I just copy the Dox5 folder, or do I need the installation discs?

have a look at last pages in:
http://www05.abb.com/global/scot/scot296.nsf/veritydisplay/dca6f4a1fd703064c12569e7005d92d4/$file/493071700_-_en_dox_5__v5.2__installation.pdf

If you get it running upload the program and convert to a modern PLC since you will probably have no luck in finding spares........

VMware will allow you to route the hosts serial port through to the guest OS.

Anyway, I remember DOX5. Despite that it has won a price in 1985, I really really cannot recommend using it today, not even for a home or training project. Sorry to say MrQ, but DOX5 is one of the worst programming environments I have ever tried.
PLC_User, if this is a real running installation, then you should think about migrating to a newer PLC.
Hopefully you have a printed program listing with comments somewhere. If you do have a printed program listing, then you dont have to mess around with DOX5.

Jesper, I agree. DOX5 sucks and it is from the PLC stoneage. But I was just trying to be helpful and I agree fully that he should migrate to a new PLC and maybe that is why he isn trying to get DOX5 running....

MrQ, I do not doubt that you try to help.
My apologies of it it came across in the wrong way.

Anyway, for these stoneage projects, my experience is that you can often find a printout of the full program. Thats what you did in those days - always supply a complete printout of the program. If you were really advanced you didnt just print everything everytime, but only the parts of the program that had changed. And if such a printout exists, you can surely read it, whereas with floppies that have been lying in a drawer for decades, the chance that you can read anything from them is slim.