Modbus /Codesys question

diarant

Hello Now i dont know if this question was posted yesterday or not. I can find it.
so iam trying again:
Iam trying to transfer real/float number like 20.12 or -20.12 to my panel. I have codesys 2.3 (Wago). If i understand correctly modbus only transfers words (16 bit). Now how can i get this floating number to my panel? My panel is reading 4 bytes and maybe doing that combining automatically (weintek). All this HW is new to me and also Modbus. But i think somebody have the solution because modbus is such an ols protocol and there has have this done ages ago..

Address the lowest of the 2 registers that you use to store your fp number. Define the variable as a float or real in your panel. Note, some drivers expect the lowest register to always have an odd address so check the panel manual before you write too much PLC code.

Good luck,

(8{)} :) .)
(Yosi)

Almost forgot, one other thing...

You read %MW0 in the WAGO by addressing it as 412289 (0x3000) in your panel.

Good luck,

(8{)} :) .)
(Yosi)