Melsec & S7 Microwin questions

Rack Failure

Hi I have a few basic questions about Mitsi & S7 200 PLCs I’d appreciate answers on.
The Mitsi is a Melsec FN1X40MR, FX-USB AW cable, GX Developer first license.
Is the software adequate for this PLC and is the software protected i.e. will I have to buy additional licenses for additional users?
How does FN1X retain the software as there is no back up battery?

The Simens is S7 226, PPI cable, Step 7 Microwin single license.
Is the software adequate for this PLC and is the software protected i.e. will I have to buy additional licenses for additional users?
How is the software retained in this CPU?

Thanks in advance.

The Simens is S7 226, PPI cable, Step 7 Microwin single license.
Yes, the software is adequate for this PLC, although you better make sure you have the latest updates. Updates can (or at least could when I checked the last time) be downloaded for free. For additional users however, you need additional licenses as far as I know.
How is the software retained in this CPU?
The software is retained by means of a so-called supercap or super capacitor.
Thanks in advance.
You're welcome

The Mitsi is a Melsec FN1X40MR, FX-USB AW cable, GX Developer first license.
Is the software adequate for this PLC YES and is the software protected i.e. will I have to buy additional licenses for additional users?MOST PROBABLY NOT PROTECTED (NOT SURE)
How does FN1X retain the software as there is no back up battery?
PLC CONFIGURATION, PROGRAM AND PART OF DATA- FLASH MEMORY, THE REST OF DATA AND REAL TIME CLOCK- SUPERCAPACITOR. OPTIONAL BACKUP BATTERY CASSETE AVAILABLE.

Last edited: