allen bradley problem

thewimpieman

hello

i have a problem white my ab plc5-80 i have connected it by a 1785 enet slide and rs linx can see it but if i try to connect it in rslogix5 it keeps giving me a error "diagnostic status failed sts= 0x20. can someone plz tell me what that problem means and how i can fix it

greets

I think that the same error message can appear if the switch # 8 (the bottom-most one) in the chassis backplane is set to ON. This sets the memory on the CPU to be protected. Had this happen once and I got the "diagnostics status failed".

Apart from that I agree with Mickey that the least errorprone way to get online is to use the "Comms" ... "System Comms" menu item in RSLogix, and then browse and select the CPU, and then activate "online", "download" or "upload". If you chose download, you will probably be prompted to merge with an offline project.