2 pulse outputs PTO & PWM

How will generated a 2 pulses outputs in the s7 1200 plc....

2 pulse outputs of s7 1200 PTO or PWM are there....
i think PTO is digital output & PWM is a analog output.....
both PTO & PWM outputs to control the drives????
i'm confusion in pulse outputs of pto & pwm....

can u help me sir...........thank u

Last edited:
Hi.
I don't think PWM is analog output.
Both PTO & PWM are output pulse.
PTO is pulse have T (cycle)=const and F(frequency) change, forrmat Ton=Toff
PWM is pulse have T(cycle) change and F(frequency) = const.

PWM has a variable duty cycle. The frequency is always the same, but the length of the pulse can be varied. With the 1200, we've configured the outputs as PWM to control amount of power delivered to a small heater. The PWM is almost similar to analog, even though its not an analog signal, by varying the pulse width you vary the average amount of voltage that is output.

PTO is a variable frequency signal, not sure about the duty cycle. WIth the 1200, the outputs are configured as PTO outputs to use motion control commands to controll a stepper motor or servo with an interface that can accept the PTO pulses.