Crimson Ascii

Brijm

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have something I'm having trouble with in Crimson. I want to create a Batch name, and to keep a unique name, add a letter to suffix the Stage Name. So I would see it as Stage1, Stage1A, Stage1B, and so on.

How can I get an ascii character from an Integer? ie... I add a my use count to 65 to obtain the letter suffix?

I had this same question awhile back. According to the Crimson 2 manual (page 222):
"You may also use the addition operator to add an integer to a string, in which case a single character equal to the ASCII code represented by the integer is appended to the data in the string."

I interpreted this to mean that I could use something like this:
Code:
cstring testvar
testvar := "Hello" + 65
to produce "HelloA". However, that code would not compile for some reason (type mismatch error). After contacting tech support I found that it had to be written this way:
Code:
cstring testvar
testvar := "Hello"
testvar += 65
That was all in Crimson 2 of course, not sure if things have changed in C3.

I had this same question awhile back. According to the Crimson 2 manual (page 222):
"You may also use the addition operator to add an integer to a string, in which case a single character equal to the ASCII code represented by the integer is appended to the data in the string."

I interpreted this to mean that I could use something like this:
Code:
cstring testvar
testvar := "Hello" + 65
to produce "HelloA". However, that code would not compile for some reason (type mismatch error). After contacting tech support I found that it had to be written this way:
Code:
cstring testvar
testvar := "Hello"
testvar += 65
That was all in Crimson 2 of course, not sure if things have changed in C3.

I'll give that an attempt. Thanks. I had tried your first example, and got the type mismatch error.