Profibus (or Net) to DH+

cclarke

I have a Siemens PLC that needs to talk to some old AB drives thru DH+. I am looking for a gateway that supports profibus or profinet to DH+.

Any ideas? Thanks.

I don't know of ant direct route. The closest thing I can think of is a ConteolLogi, DH+, & a Profi card. NOT a cheap solution. Can you use those drivers in analog or maybe devicenet?

Are you certain it's a DH+ connection ? DH+ and RIO both use the same cable and can easily be mistaken for one another.

The only A-B drives I'm aware of with a DH+ connection were the old 1395 DC drives.

Do you know the model number or part number of the drives ?

Are the drives already communicating with an Allen-Bradley controller ?

Similar Topics

I apologize if this is the wrong forum to post this in. I am looking at upgrading some older PCs that are using Siemens CP5613 cards and was...
Replies
Views
Hello automation experts, I know that Profibus was preferred communication much before Industrial Ethernet (Profinet), at least with Siemens. I...
Replies
Views
Is there any way to get diagnostics info on device connected over Profinet/Profibus (communication with device fault) from PIW assigned to that...
Replies
Views
Hi, On a project, i have to assess the possibilities of communication directly from a Labview application on a computer. Profibus: you need a...
Replies
Views
I have successfully done a RsNetWorx scheduling on the converter., but still i can't get any status from it on RSLogix monitor tags. What can i...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom