APC UPS to WinCC flex...

Kasperv79

Hi.

Ive tryid searching in here and around the web but without luck..

My question is HOW to get the APC-UPS (SMARTUPS 300XL) USB or serial connection to activate a script in WinCC Flexible ?? is it possible?

Information:

WinCC flexible 2008 adv. SP2 running on a Win 7 Ult 32bit.
connection through Ethernet to a CPU 317-2 PN/DP.

//kasper

Are you talking about a digital signal? from the APC?

there is no digital outputs on the APC only an "EPO" connecter for emergency remote dicharging...

You have a slot on the back of the unit for a expansion card. Use this to connect as jesper has said http://www.apc.com/products/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=AP9610&tab=documentation

The serial and usb connection is just a link to the powerchute software which will do a controlled shutdown of connected computers when the battery level reach 2% left.

There is a java enviroment that could be used to do other things but the java code you will have to "roll your own".