1756-CNBR/E and Redundancy Queries

raul_vaze

Dear All ,

We recently installed a new AB Redundancy system (v 16.81 Enhanced Red), with drives and remote racks connected to it .

Now there is existing old AB system on Redundancy ( v 16.57 Std Red) which needs to be connected to above mentioned new redundant network system on Controlnet .

So now we are planning to install two 1756-CNBR/E in it. However the current old system has all 1756-CNBR/D in its chassis. Now i have following queries ....

1. Can i have 1756-CNBR/D and 1756-CNBR/E both in same redundancy racks . We will ofcourse flash the firmware of 1756-CNBR/E to the version mentioned in redundancy bundle.

2. What are the important advantages of CNBR/E over CNBR/D..does it support more connection ???

3. If i am able to add the CNBR/E on my new network , what shall be my network address . My new CN2R node address are set at 10,11 whereas my remote drops are at 2,3,4,5 ..So can i address them as 7,8 ..
Thanks in advance