RS Linx and windows 2000

Jezz

Hi All,
just a quick question does W2000 support the PIC driver in RSlinx ver 2.40.01 we currently have ver 2.20.00 and from what I can gather it's not supported..

Jezz banghead

Jezz,

I have used 1747-PIC/AIC +Driver on my laptop with 2000 XP or Professional. 2.40.01. I will double check when I get to work. Hope this helps.

Bob O.

Yes it does, It can be a bit tricky to get it right if you use the com port for other things. It defaults to run as a service, so go to the launch control under the start menu and click the option for it not to start as a service. I find once you do use the pic driver then to use the port for another device I need to delete the port and let windows re-install the port. Not a great hassle, if you know about it. Regards Alan

The latest RSLinx versions 2.41 and 2.42 support PIC.
Some computers having ACPI problems with PIC driver, so your PC may not work.