SQL in Wonderware

Serafin

Hello,

I am trying to retrieve MySQL (remote server) data from a 7.1 Intouch Wonderware application running on Windows NT.

I have intalled the ODBC driver version 2.50.19 for MySQL from TCX DataKonsult AB and am able to connect to the remote server (couldn't install newer drivers).

However, whenever I try to execute an SQLSelect function I keep getting an "Invalid Pointer" error. My guess is that I haven´t configured properly the bind list, since I haven't found a tutorial on how to do it.

I just simply matched a tagname with a column name, but I get the feeling that is not correct.

Here's the code that I'm using:

Code:
ResultCode = SQLConnect(ConnectionID, "MyDSN");

IF ResultCode == -1 THEN
     texto = SQLErrorMsg(ResultCode);
ENDIF;

ResultCode = SQLExecute(ConnectionID, "", 0);

ResultCode = SQLSelect(ConnectionID, "MyTable", "MyBindList", "id = 1", "");

IF ResultCode == -1 THEN
     texto = SQLErrorMsg(ResultCode);
ENDIF;

ResultCode = SQLEnd(ConnectionID);
ResultCode = SQLDisconnect(ConnectionID);

Does anyone have an idea of what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I was able to perform a SELECT statement in the database (actually the same SELECT that I am trying to perform from Wonderware).

I haven´t take a look to the manual and could not be downloaded from your link, apparently there is something wrong with it.

Thanks for the information.

What I've found is that the error is apparently generated by MySQL rather than Wonderware. However I haven't still found what I am doing wrong.

The issue is now solved. It had to do with my MDAC version. I wasn't using the proper version, which is 2.5 SP2.

Thanks for your help.